Friday, September 25, 2009

The Comparison Trap

So, I've admitted that living my life, my way, doesn't necessarily bother me and that a part of me is really enjoying life. I also admitted that the only real time I'm bothered by this lazy life is when I contrast mine with the lives of others who appear so accomplished; the super women that we all know. It bothers me because while I fail to measure up, I am also feeling that I am being judged, and most negatively at that. I referred to myself, earlier, as a societal misfit so that implies that I see myself as not as good as the others. If that's how I feel about myself, than what do I think of others who are even in worse shape and more disfunctional than me? I would have to admit that I was judging them. seeing them in , that I see them.in a most negative light, I shouldn't like myself one bit If that's true. I always refer to myself as a "live, let live" person. Such hypocrisy has no place in my world. If, in fact, that is not something I'm guilty of, why then am I harder on myself than I am on others? If I, in comparing myself to those I consider in ways superior to me, feel like less of a person, then does that mean I feel like more of a person when comparing myself to those I consider in ways inferior? You see, it has to work two ways. .............more later

No comments:

Post a Comment